Wednesday, April 29, 2015

recap: april

dash dot dotty
+
We're still spending most of our non-work time on housey projects, but it's finally slowing down a bit now that things are semi-settled.  We're picking up some furniture that has been in storage at my parents' house next weekend and we ordered the most beautiful lounge chair last week.  Eeep!  I feel like we've been waiting and scheming for years to live in the type of space that works with the aesthetic that we want.  You would not believe how excited I was about just having white walls.  Not beige.  Or cream.  But the brightest, whitest white.  It's soooo good.

aprilness [buying]
I have a few things on my worky-professionalish clothing list, but I couldn't manage to find quite the right pieces.  Who knew it would be so hard to find a white longer-length dress shirt that doesn't get super wrinkley?  Or gray skinny dress pants with pockets and the perfect amount of tweediness?  Don't worry though, I've got plenty of lunchtime shopping excursions on the docket for May!

1. old navy graphic boyfriend tee.  We drive a whole lot on I-94, so I thought it would be funny to have a specific tee shirt designated for these roadtrips.  Yeah, I know I just bought a shirt with a giant number seven on it a minute ago, but this is totally different!  It's pink!  And highway-themed!  And it was $4 via oldnavy.com.

2. nike tr4 sneakers.  I walk pretty much eeeerwhere now (my Fitbit likes me so much more!), so my grubby fluorescent orange sneakers weren't really cutting it.  I'm still not entirely convinced by this dress+sneakers trend, but I'm still going to be rocking it twice a day going to and from work.  $53 via Kohl's.

3. forever21 bar pendant and longline tassle necklace (not pictured).  Cheap thrills.  There's really no other explanation for these two layering-friendly necklaces.  $11.

4. banana republic larkin tote in rose blush.  I've had my eye on this bag for a few months and finally the discount codes, rewards points, and sales all aligned so that I could scoop it up and girl-ify all the black I've been wearing lately.  $72 via bananarepublic.com.

April total: $140.
And, per usual, you should probably hop on over and see what Fran is up to this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment